Enzyme assisted extraction for maximum yield
Green Tea extract
Green tea has a very high concentration of polyphenols and methylxanthines. Green tea extracts offer the body a wide range of benefits which include (but is not limited to the following):
- It inhibits the effect of sun rays much like a sunscreen does. This way, it reduces the risk of having skin cancer.
- Polyphenols present in green tea (and therefore, its extracts) greatly reduces the effects of aging and wrinkling on the skin. Anti-radical action, anti-metalloproteinase, anti-inflammatory, photoprotective.
- Catechin (yet another bioactive component of green tea) has been found to kill germs as well as other microorganisms that can adversely affect the skin.
- Aids regeneration of the skin by improving the circulatory system which in turn delivers nutrients to the skin.
- Contains Methylxanthines which provide benefits such as lipolytic and anti-lipogenic action, blood flow stimulation.
- Green tea has the ability to inhibit collagen and elastin degradation.
- For hair care: green tea has the ability to improve gloss and strength of hair.
The biological components of green tea that confer its antiaging abilities on it are polyphenols, catechin, antioxidants etc.
One of the reasons why green tea is very effective over black and oolong tea (two other teas from the leaves of the same plant as green tea) is because it is not fermented before being dried and steamed. This translates to the leaves remaining fresh and retaining quite a number of their antioxidant properties.
Green tea is rich in antioxidants which help it fight radicals and thus ensure little to no damage to the skin.
Our water/glycerin solvent is the best because it ensures that no bioactive compound is lost during the process of extraction.
Preserved with potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate and phenoxyethanol.
- UV damage
- Possible skin cancer prevention
- Increased blood flow
- Increase flow of nutrients to the skin
Cutaneous photoprotection from ultraviolet injury by green tea polyphenols
Protective Mechanisms of Green Tea Polyphenols in Skin
Green Tea Specifications
CAS: 56-81-5 (glycerin), 7732-18-5 (water), 84650-60-2 (green tea extract)
INCI Name: Glycerin, Water, Camellia Sinensis (green tea extract)
Solid/liquid: This is a thick liquid
pH: Typically about 5.5
Specific Gravity: 1.2
Color: Dark tea
USDA Organic: This product was made with USDA Certified Organic Green Tea
Raw material source: This product was made with certified organic raw green tea
Kosher: This product is made with Kosher green tea
Animal Testing: This product was not tested on animals
Vegan: Does not contain animal-derived components
Non-GMO: This product was made with non-GMO green tea
Manufacturing Process: This product was manufactured using no, or gentle heat. During the manufacturing process, the product was never exposed to heat over 38° Celsius/100° Fahrenheit.
Shelf Life: This being a bioactive extract, and with all the different possible storage scenario’s it is difficult to estimate the shelf life. For best results, it is best to formulate this into your product within 6 months of opening the container. 12 months from purchase date.
Storage: Store in a tightly sealed container. For best results, store around 70° Fahrenheit. Do not expose to heat over 80° Fahrenheit.
DOSE: For best results, add 1-2% to the formula on cool down phase. It is very important to add the product when the temperature is below 39° Celsius/102° Fahrenheit.
Simply add 10 drops per ounce to your favorite store-bought creams and lotions to make your own skin care products.
WHITENING YOUR FORMULATIONS: If this product changes your formulation darker than you like you can add titanium dioxide to whiten. Make sure you understand how to safely work with titanium dioxides dust particles, which appears to be the greatest health risk associated with titanium dioxide. Titanium dioxide is commonly used in sunscreens. EWG warning: About TITANIUM DIOXIDE: Titanium dioxide is an inorganic compound used in a range of body care products such as sunscreens and makeup. It appears to have low skin penetration but inhalation is a concernbut inhalation is a concern