How Herbal Extracts Can Benefit Collagen?
Article at a Glance
·One-third of our total body proteins are collagen, which is an structural abundant protein.
·Collagen deficiency leads to wrinkles and lines on the skin.
·Purpose of anti-aging preparations is to either increase the production of collagen or decrease the destruction of collagen.
·There is considerable scientific evidence showing extracts can benefit collagen.
·Hemp seed, Green tea and Soybean extracts contain antioxidants, Vitamin A, C, and E, which improve the tone, texture, tightness, firmness, dullness, and smoothness of skin by removing the dead cells of upper skin.
Collagen is an abundant structural protein comprising one-third of total protein in the body, responsible for giving the proper shape to the skin, bone, muscles, and all other connective tissues. Generally, there are two types of collagen, i.e., Endogenous collagen and Exogenous collagen. Endogenous collagen is a natural collagen which is synthesized inside the body, while exogenous collagen is synthetic collagen, which is found in certain supplements and used for medical and cosmetic purposes. Wrinkles and lines, especially on the face, are the sign of deficiency of collagen. Collagen heals the inflammatory skin conditions like acne, eczema, and psoriasis, which make the skin dull and unattractive. Collagen also speeds up wound healing and prevent cellulite and stretch mark, that will contribute to maintaining the viability and beauty of the skin. With age, there is the deficiency of the collagen, which results in wrinkles, lines, dullness, and marks on the skin.
Several of our extracts will benefit the skin’s collagen. Hemp seed extracts, green tea extracts, and soybean extracts all contribute toward collagen production by the skin in one way or the other. There are several studies available which explain how anti-aging extracts increase the production of collagen or decrease the destruction of collagen with aging.
- Percec said that using the skin formulations containing anti-oxidants and vitamin C and E, help to fight cell damage from free radicals, which are the molecules that injure the cells and cause inflammation. Thus, it will lead to the destruction of collagen and elastin in the skin due to free radicals. Extracts (green tea, soybean, and hempseed) contain anti-oxidants and Vitamin C and E, so they will play an essential role in decreasing the destruction of collagen.
- Hale said Retinol (Vitamin A) improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, thereby increasing the production of collagen. Extracts green tea, soybean, and hemp seed contain Vitamin A.
- One study stated that extracts exfoliate skin and that exfoliation stimulates the production of collagen and elastin which are responsible for maintaining tone, texture, tightness, firmness, and smoothness of the skin.
- Enzymes have a hand in making the skin appear healthy as they enhance the productivity of the extracts present in the solvent. The upper layer of skin is mostly composed of dead cells and contains a specific type of protein named keratin. Enzymes present in anti-aging creams degrade the keratin protein to reveal the smooth skin underneath. This whole process overall reduces the destruction of collagen and elastin.
- Extracts made correctly will possess the bioactive compounds that encourage the production of collagen or minimize the degradation of collagen.