How herbal extracts can benefit elastin?
|Article at a Glance
·Elastin is the second most abundant protein in the body, which maintains the firmness of the skin.
·The dullness of skin and wrinkles are due to the deficiency of elastin.
·Purpose of anti-aging preparations is to either increase the production of collagen and elastin or decrease the destruction of collagen and elastin.
·There is considerable scientific evidence that botanical extracts can and do benefit elastin.
·Hempseed, Green tea and Soybean extracts contain antioxidants, Vitamin A, C, and E, which improve the tone, texture, tightness, firmness, dullness, and smoothness of skin by removing the dead cells of upper skin.
·Soybean extract has phytoestrogens, genistein, and daidzein which, stimulate the production of elastin and collagen.
Elastin is a protein in connective tissue responsible for giving structure to the skin and organs. As the name indicates, elastin enables our skin to stretch and bounce back. Elastin maintains the tightness of the skin. When the skin is pocked or pinched, it is the elastin which returns it to the original position. Elastin is the second most abundant protein in the body. As we age, the levels of elastin begin to decrease, which will lead to a decline in the elasticity of the skin. That reduced elasticity will result in the dullness of skin and wrinkles.
Several of our extracts benefit the skin’s elastin. They all contribute toward elastin production by the skin in one way or the other. There are several studies available which explain how the anti-aging extracts increase the production of elastin or decrease the destruction of elastin with aging.
- Percec said that using the skin formulations containing anti-oxidants and vitamin C and E, help to fight the cell damage from free radicals, which are the molecules that injure the cells and cause inflammation. Thus, it will lead to the destruction of collagen and elastin in the skin due to free radicals. Our extracts (green tea, soybean, and hempseed) which contains anti-oxidants and Vitamin C and E, so they will play an important role in decreasing the destruction of collagen and elastin.
- Hale said Retinol (Vitamin A) improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, thereby increasing the production of collagen and elastin. Our extracts (green tea, soybean and hemp seed) which contain Vitamin A.
- One study state that extracts exfoliate the skin, and this exfoliation stimulate the production of collagen and elastin which are responsible for maintaining the tone, texture, tightness, firmness, and smoothness of the skin.
- Enzymes have a hand in making the skin appear healthy as they enhance the productivity of the extracts present in the solvent. The upper layer of skin is mostly composed of dead cells and contains a specific type of protein named keratin. Enzymes present in anti-aging creams degrade the keratin protein to reveal the smooth skin underneath. This whole process overall reduces the destruction of collagen and elastin.
- There is considerable research on the effectiveness and improvement of elastin from soybean extracts and dill seed extracts. Soybean extract has phytoestrogens, genistein, and daidzein, which stimulate the production of elastin and collagen. Dill seed extract which contains a biomolecule that encourages the expression of an enzyme (LOXL) which catalyzes (speeds up) the cross-linking of two components of the protein.
Several of our extracts possess bioactive compounds that benefit elastin.